The personal data we collect and how we collect it
We may collect or be provided with, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- your first and last name, telephone number, postal and e-mail address;
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of our website including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation;
- once we will enable the possibility to make a reservation or purchase any items using a credit or debit card then we need the card number, cardholder name, expiry date and CVV number;
- your membership details, hotel preferences and travel experiences;
- any survey responses or feedback.
We may ask you for personal information in a variety of circumstances, for instance:
- when you make a hotel reservation on the telephone or by e-mail,
- when you register with us, subscribe to our newsletter, enter competitions or register for promotions; or
- when you take part in surveys or provide us with feedback.
We may be provided with personal information by third parties in connection with a reservation at one of the places we promote, for instance, by a travel agent you may use to make a reservation.
We may also collect personal information in the course of telephone calls to and from our office or reservation. We do not record any call.
Using your personal information
We may use your personal data in a number of ways, set out below.
The optional personal data that you may be asked to supply to us includes your:
- Social media account linking
- Vacation preferences
- Affiliate programme information (Avios, Amex, Mastercard etc.)
- Information from surveys, reviews etc.
Some of hip.tours products and services may be used to promote products or services of other companies. However, we do not disclose a member’s personal data to such companies for their marketing purposes without a member’s prior consent.
In case you want to have your data removed please send your details to firstname.lastname@example.org we will provide cancelling everything.
Website and marketing
We may also use your personal information to:
(a) administer the website;
(b) improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
(c) enable your use of the services available on the website;
(d) send you goods purchased via the website and/or supply you with services purchased via the website;
(e) send statements and invoices to you and track payments;
(f) track your use of the reservation process and contact you once via email regarding your experience;
(g) send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
(h) send you e-mail notifications which you have specifically requested;
(i) send you marketing communications relating to our business or the businesses of carefully selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by e-mail or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require such marketing communications);
(j) provide third parties with statistical information about our users but this information will not be used to identify any individual user;
(k) deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website.
Where you submit personal information for publication on the website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the licence you grant to us.
We will not, without your express consent, provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
Sharing your personal information
It may sometimes be necessary for us to disclose your personal information in order to comply with a legal obligation but we will only do so in accordance with data protection legislation and will ensure that the appropriate security measures are observed.
How long do we hold your personal information?
We will only store your personal data for as long as is necessary for the legitimate purpose for which it was supplied and it will be destroyed or deleted when it is no longer necessary for us to hold it. You can ask us to erase or delete all or some of your personal data at any time although that may impact upon the benefit you get from our website or other services.
Security of your personal information
We will take reasonable legal, technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on its secure (password and firewall protected) servers. Reservations you make with us directly will be encrypted using SSL technology.
In the course of processing or transmitting your credit card CVV number we will observe and fully comply with the current Data Security Standard of the PCI Security Standards Council.
You accept that data transmission over the Internet is inherently insecure and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the Internet.
International data transfers
Personal information that SLH collects or holds may be transferred to, and stored at a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”and post Brexit new situation). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of its suppliers. This includes staff engaged in, amongst other things, the fulfillment of any reservation, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services.
In addition, personal information that you submit for publication on the website will be published on the Internet and may be available, via the Internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others.
You expressly agree to any such transfers of personal information.
Your privacy rights
You have the rights listed below in relation to personal data we hold about you:
- Delete data: You can ask us to erase or delete all or some of your personal data.
- Change or Correct data: You can ask us to change, update or fix your data in certain cases particularly if it is inaccurate.
- Object to, or Limit or Restrict our Use of data: You can ask us to stop using all or some of your personal data or to limit our use of it.
- Right to Access and/or Take your data: You can ask us for a copy of your personal data to be provided in machine readable form.
- Complaint: You have the right to lodge a complaint with the company supervisory authority which is the UK’s Information Commissioner’s Office.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights you can contact our Data Protection Team by email at email@example.com.
Data Controller and Contact
The data controller responsible in respect of the information collected on the website or otherwise in the course of your dealings with us is Aaron King International whose registered office is via Cassinari 11, 20138 Milan Italy.
Our Data Protection Officer is Greta Pasetti and any queries regarding our use of your personal data should be addressed to our Data Protection Team by email, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our use of ‘cookies’
To make us work even better for you, we also use 'cookies' to collect information about your use of the website. You should read our Cookies Policy for full details.